Course Standards and Review
Each participating school will be responsible for coordinating the following MVS services at the local school:
- Work with staff at the school to determine whether the desired online course is appropriate.
- Coordinate securing of student services.
- Coordinate proctoring of MVS exams.
- Support and monitor provisions for technical assistance.
- Oversee student access to necessary course materials and functionality.
The school will identify a teacher or guidance counselor to act as an Onsite Support Teacher to the online student. The Onsite Support Teacher will meet regularly with the student, monitor progress, and help resolve any difficulties. Onsite Support Teachers should also communicate with parents/guardians with any questions or concerns. Onsite Support Teachers will have access to the student's online progress reports.
To enroll students in Maryland Virtual School courses, you will need to complete the Registration Procedures. Make sure to complete each step in order so as not to delay your registration! The required registration forms are also provided in the table below.
Please refer to the following registration resources. NOTE: Some of the resources are in PDF format. Please download Adobe Acrobat Reader if you do not currently have it installed on your computer.
MVS Registration Information and Forms